love quotes Pictures, Images and Photos

Sunday, 10 February 2008@14:58

Shoot. Common tests start tomorrow. And I'm not prepared. I've been concentrating on POA too much, I didn't leave time for Econs and Management.

But oh wells, I had a little getaway.

On Friday, early morning, we headed for the pier.


It was my first time. Haha



And on the boat.


Arrived there. Did a bit of shopping. Mum bought telur penyu, but none of us shared it. We think its inhumane. We don't eat shark's fin too, except mum and Yana. Shark fins are obtained by just slicing of the dorsal fin and them cruel fishermen just leave them to die.

And in that country, they feed this alcoholic liquid to the turtles to get them addicted and it becomes a lure. And every time they come back to the beach to lay eggs, they'll come back to the same place to get drunk and the people will take away the eggs. Or, in other places, they just flip the turtle upside down and cut through them and take their eggs, leaving them to die.

And in Denmark and Japan, fishermen are killing thousands of dolphins because dolphins love to eat tuna and they think that by killing them, their catch will increase. I saw the videos and its really horrible and inhumane. After the massacre, the sea is totally red and the beach is nothing but dead dolphins left to decompose.

And what is the media or the government doing about this? Nothing? Its only the organisations that are doing something about it. Too busy trying to better the economy and making money probably. And the media, instead of spreading the news, they take pictures of Hayden Panettiere, who protested against the killing of dolphins in Japan, for more celebrity publicity. Why didn't they publicize her purpose?

I wonder how people can be so cruel and heartless and selfish and inhumane. I wonder if they have a tiny bit of love in them or for them. I wanna do something about it.

Ok, side-tracked too far.

Then we went to the spa. Me and my sisters had the same package, the exclusive one, consisting of traditional massage, scrub, steam, body mask and whirlpool. It wasn't the spa place that mum promised us.

Me and kakak went together, so we had the curtain open and talked while being massaged.


The whirlpool or jacuzzi.



The steam. Haha, funny as it sounds. Ok, fine, the sauna. Its the shower too.


The massage was quite ok. Some ticklish, especially when it came to feet, some painful, some hits-on-the-right-spot, and some blur moments, since it was my first spa session. Kakak felt that it was quite the same as FIL, where she had her sessions. And chit-chat, and the boob comparing thing. Haha! How come I'm different?

Then the sauna. It was a bit hard to breathe in there. Really warm. I was a bit scared because I thought it was going to be really hot. Yana and Lydia came to join us to use the sauna and the jacuzzi. Some fun sister time. I shared the jacuzzi with Yana.


Bubble bath! I put all the soap in it and the foam was overflowing!



Kakak shared with Lydia. Bat that sexy leg there!


When we were done, there was kecoh-ness! My tub was overflowing because of too much foam and we were so afraid we were gonna get electric shock and die because the switch got wet. And then we figured out how to drain the tub finally, but then the jacuzzi was still on, so it sprayed water everywhere, the whole area and the matresses were wet! Started to panic and we called out for help, but no one came, so we got out of the tub while still covered in foam and called out, so we got foam on the floors too. But nobody came, because they left us so we could have our privacy and the service was over anyway, and it was up to us to just shower and be done with. And there was no one else, everyone had finished with their spa session. And we couldn't go out the door because there were guys outside and we only had towels wrapped around us. And I couldn't use my cubicle because I didn't know what buttons to press! And after awhile, mum finally came in to check on us because we were taking so freaking long and everyone was waiting for us to finish, and she called the staff to help us.

We made such a mess of that place. Hahaha.

Then we went to eat nasi padang.


It tastes better than Singapore's because its the original.


I love the fact that avocados are available everywhere.

Then we went to Polo Ralph Lauren. Its so much cheaper here! In SGD it would be like $50-$100+. I got one white one with blue stripes and light blue roses which costed like SGD$35. OoOhh, branded but cheap!

Then we went to the mall which was pretty horrible. Bought belts. All of us except my dad went for hair spa at the salon and kakak cut her hair. The massage was pretty good.

We checked in the hotel. Planet Holiday. Haha. Cheesy name. But the place is quite ok.


The chandelier and the lights made this look great.


I shared my room with kakak, Yana shared with Lydia and we were on the same floor and side by side. Mum and dad were on another floor. And the thing is, mum and dad got the normal rooms while we kids got the suite.


We both had a kitchen and this is the living room.



The bathroom had the shower cubicle and the jacuzzi like the one at the spa, but Yana and Lydia only got a normal bathtub.


Had dinner at the Golden Prawn. Again, cheesy name. And I think we realised that their hostile language is just they way they communicate.

Woke up for breakfast and slept again when we returned to our room. Then, packed and checked out. Went back to the mall and Yana and Lydia cut their hair, kakak had another hair treatment, mum had a manicure and pedicure, and I had a french pedicure, which was so horrible that I decided to not do a manicure.

Lastly, we went to the mall by the pier which was so much better, to me, its a decent mall, I would do my shopping here. They had Levi's, Henry Adams, Breadtalk, Giordano, etc. And they were all much cheaper.


OoOhh, they had j.Co donuts! But the queue was too long and we didn't have much time.


So we took the boat and went back. And in the boat, Cik Midah gave us some j.Co donuts.


My dad tried to suap my mum. Hahaha


The sea was pretty choppy, so with every wave we went against, we had the wonderful feeling in our stomach. But after a few minutes, I got seasick.

So there goes, my little 2 day getaway.

Lets see, there are some things I don't like about that place. Its underdeveloped and everyone is in poverty, and that made it a bit irritating because when we get out, people will pester us to buy something. Service is not good. They understand little English, and my Malay being very bad, so, yeah, difficulty communicating.

But, since its further south, it wasn't that hot. Its not excruciatingly hot and humid like Malaysia, or maybe it was just a good day, and I noticed, unlike Malaysia, I hardly saw any flies. And you can bargain alot.

I love love love the fact that almost everything here is much much cheaper than in Singapore. Like the Ralph Lauren polo tees, branded earrings for $1, hair spa was $7, the french pedicure was $3, haircut at $3, avocado drinks were $1, a box of tea was only 20cents, one box of cigarettes is only a freaking $2.50 for the most expensive one, Levi's skirt was $50, branded watches were about $60 and so many other things. Compared to Singapore, we can really save so much. And the massages were done well despite the staff not being very friendly.

And, our package, of two days meal (3 meals total of a pretty adequate amount of pretty good food) and one night hotel accommodation and breakfast plus the mini bus to bring us around and boat fees and tips for only $99; that's really cheap.

So I think its so much better than Malaysia. And obviously, much more cheaper too.

So yeah, the main reason for me to come back is for the shopping and the spa. OoOhh, I wanna come back with lots of money and go for lots of shopping.


I think she's a fantastic faker and pretender. Pretending everything's so ok when its so not. And I think that's why I am so too.