
|
♥Wednesday, 16 July 2008@23:32 Went out early morning to the Polyclinic to take MC. Headed off to Boon Lay then back to BBDC to sign up for bke license. Took 188 to Vivocity. The birthday didn't start off well. Arguments were had because of what happened at BBDC. Shit, the birthday can't go wrong, so we turned things around at Vivo. Walked around trying to decide which nice restaurant shall we have lunch at. Bought the many flavoured jellybeans like the ones at Terminal 3. So we, or more like I, decided to eat at Bakerzin. Its this nice dessert parlour at the entrance of Vivo. You might've noticed it. ![]() I love the ambience... ![]() ...Simple, yet chic and stylish. ![]() Blueberry and Lavender Violet Lime Italian Sodas. Lavender? I thought it would be disgusting, but it goes well with the lime. ![]() Our food. ![]() I ordered linguini in portobello mushroom white wine cream sauce. It was thick but not too heavy. Very nice. ![]() While Sen got the linguini vongole, which is linguini with a gonggong like shellfish, also with sauce with white wine. Even though he preferred mine, I find it quite good too. The only bad points were the garlic were chopped too largely. Who wants to eat huge pieces of garlic? *couch* Aishah! *cough* ![]() As a side, we had mushroom bruschetta. It was my first time eating bruschetta, so things got kinda messy, the mushrooms were everywhere. Too many mushrooms kills; an overwhelming strong essence kills the palate. And then, desserts! ![]() My choice of vanilla crème brulee, my favourite dessert ever since I tried it at Fish&Co. I love how the glassy layer of sugar breaks, Sen was fascinated too. ![]() Caramel Ice-cream and Rum&Raisin Ice-cream. Caramel's good, but not as flavourful as gelato. And I don't like Rum&Raisin flavour, so I can't judge that one. ![]() Simply Strawberry Chocolate Fondue with a mint leaf. ![]() This is another new favourite! Bailey's Irish Cream Soufflé. Really soft and fluffy bread-like on top floating on the sweet creamy sauce below, wonderful together, and with coffee on. I like how really soft the 'bread' is. I didn't finish the mushroom bruschetta, so I had it packed, and the packaging is so pretty! ![]() Damask like brand logo. ![]() And the container is so functional! Omg, I really love this place! The service was good, the waiter was patient despite our fickleminded-ness and Sen's kental-ness, the place is well-designed, the food is really good, even the take away containers were well designed; the owner has put in a lot of effort and thought thoroughly upon this restaurant. The only con was the too big garlic, but with everything else being impressive, I don't mind that. If I open a restaurant, it'd be something like that. I think I can see eye to eye with the restaurant owner. Hah... ![]() I may have not given the best birthday, but I hope you enjoyed it. My first time planning also, haha. Ok, then we went to collect the cake that I reserved at Jurong East, and headed to Jurong Point for dinner, yes, I know, we just ate, but its with Sen's family. Pizza Hut was crowded so we left our name and walked around, leaving the cake with the waitress. ![]() ![]() Eh, makan lagi? When we were done, we asked for the cake, and they took so long. We were getting quite annoyed waiting for so long. But we were just about to demand for it, when the lights dimmed and the speakers played Happy Birthday and the waitress came with the cake, candles all on and lighted. We didn't expect that! Sen was embarrassed also! But thank you Pizza Hut crew for the initiative! ![]() The bestselling Chocolate Truffle Cake from Royal Cakes. ![]() Blow, Sen, blow! ![]() Cake-cutting. ![]() Got bashed! Please, next time, please don't. I find it really inconvenient and irritating. Happy 18th!
| Profile
elly/shaker/shiQaSaggitarian 17121990 Millennia Institute 07B4 ex-BPian
Please? Apple MacBook Puma watch Dynamic Posh Ladies / Slim Pedal
Supports SPCA Cat Welfare Society Unifem
Tag
Links
Past June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 September 2009 October 2010
Credits
|